Will an upgrade fix this problem?

• If you tell me an upgrade from v4.20 is required, I'll do it. On the other hand, I don't want to be sidetracked in upgrading right now if that won't help with the immediate problem. I just have to fix this. The problem I reported here yesterday is an urgent show stopper.

I have re-created my edit form, populated it with a TWPrichtext, a TWPToolBar, a ruler and a gutter. I removed the old dfm, pas, and dcu files from the source folder.

My program creates the form and does ShowModal, which is where an AV exception happens.

frm:= tfrm.Create(nil);
    frm.ShowModal; <== AV here.

• Aha! this seems to be related to the default printer. My app saves the name of the user's choice of printer and then does a setprinter with that name. The app fails when the printer is CutePDF. It works perfectly when the printer is a "normal" printer, like a networked samsung laser printer.

Probably I need to do something to the twprichtext component to set its printer to something it will like. But what? I've searched the dfm (in text mode) for "printer", and examined all the properties, but I'm not seeing anything that will help.