TWPBand.ParentGroup

• In SuperMerge's PrepareHeader event, for a certain reason I have to check the Band's property ParentGroup to determine, whether the header is a page header or whether it's a group header. Since ParentGroup does not more exists in WPTools 5, how can I find it out now?
    Same question concerning footers.

Kind regards,
    E. Hess

• Ok, may be your answer in a previous post is it: using SuperMerge.Stack.

Some questions:
    Does SuperMerge's Stack always point to the beginning of the band stack.
    TWPTextCombineStack members:
    What's the difference between Band and CurrentBand?
    Is CurrentGroup the group, which CurrentBand belongs to?

Most of TWPSuperMerge's events offer the Band as parameter.
    Within such an event, is this Band the same as the Stack's CurrentBand?
    The Stack's CurrentBand is the actual band in all SuperMerge events?

BTW: I need TWPSuperMerge's AfterProcessPage event, which does not more exist in WPTools 5.

Thanx,
    E. Hess

• Offizieller Beitrag

CurrentBand is the paragraph which is the preceding band paragraph. The 'Band' is the property object which is attached to this paragraph. It is then passed to the events.

Yes, CurrentGroup is the group which is the parent (really, par.ParentPar) of the text band.

Stack points to the highest level, the previous levels are accessible through the "Previous" Reverence.

There is no AfterProcessPage event since with the new concept no individual pages are processed. The reporting is now a 2 pass process, (1) create the document using WPSuperMerge (2) format the text and apply the page breaks by the usual format routine. Pass 2 can be applied over and over again.

(In WPTools 4 the page breaks were incorrectly calculated because of the 1 pass system (reason: you cannot calculate a page break if you do not know which text still has to be printed in the footer) and also not compatible when the document was loaded in Word - so the concept had to be dropped. )