Upgrade from 5 STD to 5 PRO

• Hi
    We've upgraded to the PRO version because I supposedly could use columns and text boxes. I removed the STD and installed the PRO version but I don't see any differences. When I double click on a TWPRichtText object I get the same editor.
    I use WPTools for creating special labels. A search and replace is done, i.e. <<title>> will be replaced by a booktitle read from a remot database. This title could be longer than one line, so I want to reserver space can can hold this text without shifting the rest downwards - to a new page. Just like a report generator does.
    Can I use columns and/or textboxes?

Wim

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Footnotes, textboxes and columns (require WPT format) are not included in PRO but in PREMIUM. WPTools PRO has the same functionality as WPTools Standard but includes the core RTF-Engine units, more than 2MB pure pascal code (WPRTEDefs.PAS, WPRTEPaint.PAS)

The premium edition has to be installed on top of the PRO Bundle or PRO version.

Its features are enabled using the compiler define WPPREMIUM which is defined in file WPINC.INC

To create a column use the code
    WPRichText1.ActiveParagraph.ASet(WPAT_COLUMNS, 2);
    WPRichText1.ActiveParagraph.ASet(WPAT_COLUMNS_X, WPCentimeterToTwips(0.5));

This switches to 2 column mode with a 0.5 cm distance.

This disables columns

WPRichText1.ActiveParagraph.ASet(WPAT_COLUMNS, 1);
    WPRichText1.ActiveParagraph.ADel(WPAT_COLUMNS_X);

Columns can be only loaded&saved in WPT format - footnotes and text bioxes are supported by RTF.

There should be a TextBoxDemo project installed by the premium setup.

Regards,
    Julian

• In the help file I've read that columns were supported in the Pro version. This is why we upgraded. If the only difference between STD and PRO is the source code than we wouldn't have upgraded.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

"Premium", not PRO.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.wpcubed.com+Columns

But the source can help you a lot, too. I think one is much more productive with access to the source code. You can enable the debugging in WPINC.INC (WPDemug) and trance into some functions. You can click on siome procedures while pressing Alt and see the implementation.

BTW.: There is a property "Columns" wjhich makes it possible to have multiple pages side by side.

Julian