Default Editor C++?

• Hello,
    Is there a version of the default editor in c++? The Delphi Version works fine (even in C++-Builder) as long as I don't have to change anything in the source code of the default Editor. But if I try to change anything in the form at design time, I get an error which tells me that I'm not allowed to do this with the Pascal sources.
    The Default Editor is really nice for most of our purposes, but I'd like to change and remove some of them.

Is there a C++-Version of the Default Editor?

Thanks in advance,
    Florian Fanderl

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

The Default Editor is really nice for most of our purposes, but I'd like to change and remove some of them.

Is there a C++-Version of the Default Editor?

Currently not. You can use some code to modify the visibility state of the menu items if this helps.

I was not aware of this restriction in C++Builder. Is that new ?

Julian

• Setting the visibility state is nice for some solutions :) Thanks for the tip.

but especially I'd like to change the behavior of the save button and this isn't possible with the delphi Version.

We use BCB V6.0 (Build 10.166). I include the sources of the default editor into my project and it compiles successful. Using the default editor is also no problem. But if I try to change something via CBuilder (e.g. simply try to delete a Button from the form), I get a message ("Diese Operation wird bei Pascal-Formularen nicht unterstützt.") which tells me that I can't do that with Delphi sources/forms.
    I tried it with your Demo Projects and I've got the same effect. As I can't open a .dpr File, I create a new C++-Project and include the sources needed for Project (e.g. the CreateTable Demo). Same behavior here. Compiles nicely, but I can't change anything in the form (in the Demo "CrTableU").

I hope you understand the problem now and it seems to be a general Problem.

A C++-Version would be great :)

Thanks in advance,
    Florian Fanderl

• Florian,

It is a general problem with BCB but it can be overcomed!

Once upon a time I was struggling with it, and then came across a simple unit, which can be compiled and installed in BCB as a new component.

After installing it, editing Pascal forms becomes possible.