C++ Builder 2010 with WPTools 6 Std

• Hi Julian,

Just tried compiling the D2010 project with generate all files for C++ Builder and there are 2 errors stopping it...

1. Cannot open the file S:\S\WPT5\VCL\WPRTEPaint.pas
    2. [DCC Fatal Error] WPRTEPaint.pas(1): F2039 Could not create output file 'S:\S\WPT5\VCL\WPRTEPaint.hpp'

The WPRTEPaint.pas file is missing from the installation and the S:\S...path is embedded in the DCU.

Could you please let me know how to fix this issue?

• For anyone trying to use C++ Builder, just install the D2010 version. Open the project file WPTools_D13_Win32.dpk. Go to the build configurations (Release or Debug). Change the .hpp path under linking to anything but the default, for eg, ./hpp. That works.

In the linker output, first select generate DCUs, then OBJs and then select generate all incl package libs. Build with all these configurations. Not sure if the DCU step is needed as well, but, I did that anyway.

Now add the generated package WPTools_D13_Win32.bpl from the component menu and the components will appear. Remember to add the hpp path to the respective search path.

I am still hoping that Julian will fix this.

• Firstly, hpp files are not included in the package. It's only 2 hpp files and they should be removed, or, the include path should not include the same.

If you do not change the hpp path, then you get the error that I already mentioned in the first post and the build process does not complete and therefore does not generate the libraries.

The object file generation is also needed since, for some reason, C++ Builder looks for the objects rather than pick up the library WPTools_D13_Win32.lib. The alternate would be to simply build the project with all C++ Builder files option, including the changed hpp path, and then remove all pragam link directives for WPxxx from the user project header file and replace with a #pragma link "WPTools_D13_Win32.lib".

So, effectively, for the current WPTools Std version, the following is needed to run in C++ Builder 2010:

1. Change the HPP file output path to anything...(./hpp etc)
    2. Build with the link option to generate all C++ Builder files.
    3. Install the WPTools_D13_Win32.bpl
    4. Add the include path(s)
    5. Remove all #pragma link WPxxxx in your projects and replace by #pragma link "WPTools_D13_Win32.lib"

BTW, ImageEn is now free and comes with source and that project works perfectly with C++ Builder in case you need a Delphi project reference, since I don't really know much on the Delphi side. This can be found at http://www.hicomponents.com.