Opening Word doc/docx files with Text-Dynamic .NET

• Is it possible to open .doc and .docx files with Text-Dynamic .NET? The "Key Features" section seems to indicate that it does "Open Word (*.DOC) files using the converter DLLs already installed on the system" but the documentation doens't make any mention if it that I could find.

Thanks -- Steve

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

TextDynamic does not contain a native DOC or DOCX converter. DOCX is on the list to be added later, although there is no timeframe yet.

The converter DLLs used by WordPad.EXE can also be used by TextDynamic to open a file. Saving is not implemented since RTF is supported widely. Simply save RTF and give it a DOC extension.

When the WPA action "open" is used (also possible in toolbar, replace "diaopen" with "open") the converter DLLs are examined and used.

This screenshot of the filter list in a file open dialog was taken on Windows 7 - 64 bit

Julian

• Zitat von wpsupport

When the WPA action "open" is used (also possible in toolbar, replace "diaopen" with "open") the converter DLLs are examined and used.

This screenshot of the filter list in a file open dialog was taken on Windows 7 - 64 bit

Julian

Hi... me again, after a long time.

I am in the process of looking for a component to replace Word as a reporting tool, which means I have a lot of doc files with mergefields in them, and I'd like to keep using them as they are. The process is automated, which means I need to open these files programmatically, without any dialogs at all. What should I pass as a format string to .LoadFromFile() or to .wpaProcess()?