Outline level is off by one when opening lists from MSWord

• When loading a RTF file created by Word 2007. The outline level on a one level list is on the second level when opened in WPTools v.6.29 or the WPTools mini demo.

For example: When the file is opened in MSWord 2007

Paragraph text

1. List item one
    2. List item two
    3. List item three

When the file is opened in WPTools v6.29 or the WPTools mini demo it looks like this:

Paragraph text

a. List item one
    b. List item two
    c. List item three

If I save the file in the WPTools demo and later re-open it it Word, the list is lettered, not numbered and MSWord reports the list level for each item is on the second level where it was originally on the first.

The list that was originally created in word, it not the default list style.
    Creating a document using the default list style appears to work fine in WPTools.

Can you please offer a suggestion?

Regards,

• To add more to the original post:

I'm are upgrading WPTools v3 to v6.x.

v3 worked fine since (according to another post) it simply converted the lists to text and ignored the styles).

In v6 I have to explicitly use '-NoNumStyles' when loading.

This appears to emulate the behavior in the older version.

I've noticed when creating simple outline styles in word, WPTools v6 appears to load and handle them fine in regards to the outline level.

If the oultline style is produced by a 3rd party template component, WPTools v6 misreads it and the outline level is off by 1.