Ability to use a RTF editor other than WPTools

• Hi,

I'm trying to integrate Infopower's TwwCustomRichEdit in WPForms, and what ever I'm doing doesn't seem to work. I get an abstract exception error when I try to put a RTF edit box in a form. And, the memo fields aren't using the RTF edit box that I created.

The reason why we decided to use Infopower's rich text editor is basically that some of the fields that are used in the forms already uses Infopower's rich edit in other forms in the application, and we basically want to stay consistent accross the application.

Did someone already used another RTF editor within WPForms?

Where should I start looking as a guidance to help me do this?

Any help is appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

You will need a custom control to do this. There is a demo which creates a button control. In all cases the embedded control needs a wrapper class.

Zitat

The reason why we decided to use Infopower's rich text editor is basically that some of the fields that are used in the forms already uses Infopower's rich edit in other forms in the application, and we basically want to stay consistent accross the application.

Infopowers editor is based on windows RichEdit DLL - this is a major difference to WPTools which is based on its own word processor engine.

It will be very difficult to make the InfoPower editor paint into WPForm.

Julian