How to? 2 or more data fields in a text / memo field

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

How do I parse 2 or more data fields in a text field.
    <MRMRS@A+FIRST@A+LAST@A>

This requires the 'manual' loading of the field contents.

To do this please use the event OnRefreshData which receives the current object. You can set the caption using
    (Graphic as TWPFGGraphicText).Caption := '...';
    e.g. using a text calculated using the formula from Graphic.Name or Graphic.Formula.

• This reply relates to the topic of the original post...

Is your example something I can try for myself in your downloadable WPFDemo.exe demonstartion?

I currently use WPTools for very powerful/friendly mail merges. My users can quite easily edit merge templates that merge fields like:

<Prefix> <FirstName> <LastName> <Suffix> and all works well...

I'd like to give them the same capibility for merging labels. Therefore, I am investigating WPForm to achieve this functionality for merging labels.

My current label solution (a report writing tool) results in the following:

Mr. Rick Hazell Sr.

The frosting on the cake would be... if I could have the desired output (Mr. Rick Hazell Sr.) be centred horizontally on the lable.

Thanks Rick.

• My previous description, once posted stripped some spaces and therfore doesn't properly represent my problem:

My current label solution (a report writing tool) results in the following:

Mr. Rick............. Hazell................... Sr.

Please ignore the .... the are to preserve the spacing.

Rick.

• Zitat von wpsupport

This requires the 'manual' loading of the field contents.
    To do this please use the event OnRefreshData which receives the current object. You can set the caption using
    (Graphic as TWPFGGraphicText).Caption := '...';
    e.g. using a text calculated using the formula from Graphic.Name or Graphic.Formula.

So I guess you mean to look up my own data using the "Graphic.Name" to know what field, then place it in the "Graphic.Caption".

That is what I did and it works.