• OK, not much help in the way of formulas, let's try this one.

I need to create 5 single-line text fields. If the user types in too much into the first, the focus will be set to the second and text flow will continue there, then to the third, and so on. Essentially, I want to do something similar to that "TextFlow" example in the WPTools demo (linked WPFRickText objects).

It appears as if the GraphicText oject can be asigned a "continuing control" and I am assuming this is something similar.
    Is there a way to do this?

For that matter, if you will just point me to where in the source the TWPFGGraphicText object is told not to accept any more text (it beeps when you can't type any more text into the field), I can maybe write some crude code to accomplish this.

WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE A RESPONSE!

John-David Biggers

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I know exactly what you mean but unfortunately this is not how the ContinueControl works. It - at present time - only distributes the text of the first control on the following at paint time, not at edit time.

I have not yet checked out, how the new possibilities in WPTools 5 could be used in WPForm. There will be an update to WPForm which includes the new support - but I don't know if text paths like you need to have them can be made.

Julian