emf prints as mirror image, view & preview OK

• I'm using an EMF image as the background for a form. I can view it fine, and preview looks good also. When I print, the image is printed in mirror image format. Hold the print out up to the mirror, and you can read it fine. If I print to wPDF, everything ok.

I also use wptools 5.1, when I insert the emf into a document, it views fine, print it to Adobe - everything ok, but when I print it to my HP printer, the RTF text is fine but the EMF image is mirrored.

Maybe the EMF is corrupted. When viewed in MS Picture and Fax Viewer it views fine, but also prints in mirror format.

Ideas?

Thanks!
    Mike

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I assume the page is set up in reverse in the EMF file. It is possible that the printer does not support this (scine you can see it in the preview means the bitmap it is temporarily rendered on supports it)

Julian Ziersch

• I will see if I can adjust the printer driver. I've examined the emf file, and since it's mostly binary it's hard to determine much.

I've tried printing on several HP printers and they all print it mirrored (inkjet and laser).

Strange also, when I use the FLIP commands in wpForm for images, my computer reboots, probably a driver issue or something. More testing is in order. I'll try using other programs to create emf files and see if the problem is the printer driver I'm using.

Thanks Julian,

An Update: the EMF loaded into MS Word also looks fine, but prints backwards. So it's definitely a problem with the way the EMF was put together.

Thank you for your help!

Mike