• I have following problem

Till now i have used EMF or WMF for Watermarks (drawing them in the BeforePage)
    But now i have to Draw a PDF as Watermark, because, i can't get the font which are used in the PDF (The PDF is generated with a MAC). The Text shoulb be selectable (It's no choice to export the PDF, und use the Text as Lines)

I read some things (here in the forum) about that this would be a problem, but i really need it, how can get it works.
    What is the exactly problem of using PDF Watermarks ?
    Can i redesign the PDF, so that it works ? (Under which condition did the watermark works ?)

I tried it really simple with

Code
    pdf := TWPPDFExport.Create;
    pdf.InputFile       := 'f:\Watermark.pdf';
    pdf.InputFileMode   := wpUseInputAsWatermark;

and get an error if i Opening the file with Acrobat 7.

I need it for both exporting from WPTools5 and exporting with "Standard" wPDF

regards
    andi

• Is there a workaround ?

I has to use a pdf as watermark. The problem i has, is that i can't export (i know no application) the pdf into a format, where no informations are lost.
    In the pdf are some images and some text with Font's which are included into the pdf.
    I can't export them as bitmap graphic.
    If i try to export them as WMF or EMF, i has two problems :
    1.) If i export the text as lines, i cant select the text in the resulting pdf anymore
    2.) If i export the text as text, i loose the font information (which is included into the PDF)

• Andi,

Until Julian can reply, perhaps I might be of some help here.

Zitat

2.) If i export the text as text, i loose the font information (which is included into the PDF)

Specifically what do you have FontMode set to? There are a number of choices, some yielding better results than others as far as retaining font information.

Also, in case you're not aware of this, Adobe has an option "Use Local Fonts" that can make a huge difference in the appearance of the text. In Adobe 5 it's in the View menu option, in Adobe 7 the switch is in Advanced | Use Local Fonts.

You'll find that some fonts won't render well no matter what, losing information (for example, italics). From what I've seen, that happens with some "rogue" fonts (fonts that are perhaps a bit less well constructed than others). I've found that sometimes switching fonts from one to a similar, more "conventional" font can help matters out.

Regards,
    richard diamond

• ijust saw, that there exists a new version of wpdf, therefore i will bring this topic up and ask it again.

at the moment i use EMF/WMF as watermark (draw it at first on every page) because i need it, if i would like to send a business letter per email as a pdf file, and i have the correct company paper (the header and footer, which i has if i printed it to the printer)

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is a really old post :-)

Yes, WPViewPDF 4 PLUS
    - can add a watermark to a PDF file (the watermark is a different PDF file)
    - can add text to PDF pages, i.e. numbering
    - can add simple draw objects, such as frames and JPEG images and single line text
    - can also add annotations and fields which stay editable after reload (unlike the stamps)

Julian

• Oh i think i found it :D

but i think this line is wrong

Code
    if c>0 then pdf.CommandStrEx( COMPDF_ApplyWatermark, '2-4', c);

should be

Code
    if c>0 then pdf.CommandStrEx( COMPDF_ApplyWatermark, '4', c);
  • I managed to create a script which adds the PDF Watermark Tool document based on the value of the Variable. The PDF I am working on is constantly changing. In this occasion, I am not working on native files but PDFs only. the PDFs are being edited and state of documents is changed in the PDFs.