File not found: 'DesignIntf.dcu'

• In trying to install WPViewPDF, I get the following errors while compiling the package:

CBuilder 5: [Pascal Fatal Error] WPViewPDF_reg.pas(39): File not found: 'DesignIntf.dcu

CBuilder XE3: [DCC Fatal Error] WPViewPDF_reg.pas(39): F1026 File not found: 'DesignIntf.dcu'

In both cases, the "Designtime only" box in the Options/Description is checked.

There are no DesignIntf.* files in my Cbuilder5 directory tree, however there are DesignIntf.hpp and DesignIntf.pas in my CbuilderXE3 tree.

Any suggestion?

• Offizieller Beitrag

This problem always happens with C++Builder if the DeignID package was not linked in.

Change the package options, under "Description" select "Designtime only"

In the package options, under "Delphi Compiler/Compiling", "Other Options" add
    -LUDesignIDE
    (Otherwise you get the message "file not found DesignIntf.dcu)

• Thank you, that worked fine for XE3. However in CBuilder 5 the only place I can find to set conditionals is in Prohecy Options / Directionsl/Conditionals / Conditional Defines, where I would normally define things for the C++ compiler and it doesn't seem to work for the Pascal compiler.

I have tried -LUDesignIDE, LUDesignIDE, UDesignIDE & DesignIDE, none of which seen to have any effect. Any idea what I am missing?

Thanks

• OK, As I said earlier, I was able to get WpViewPdf to install into CBuilder XE3, but my first test program in which I just created a new Forms application, dropped a TWPViewPDF on the form and added the WPViewPDF\VCL directory to the include and library paths fails to link with the following error

[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'ACTNLIST.OBJ'

There is an ACTNLIST.hpp in the CBuilder XE3 directory tree, but I can't find a .OBJ of this name.

Note: this is the WpViewPdf trial edition I downloaded from your site last week.

Any suggestions?